The way in which our work is managed/coordinated and the way in which we are led and lead has an impact on our health and well-being. Through developing a greater awareness of psychological and/or mental health at work we will be in a much stronger position to protect and promote individual as well as collective health, well-being and performance. This training module uses an explorative approach to look at the notion of how leaders can take action to create a psychologically (and physically) healthier workforce.
- To raise awareness of the importance of psychological health
- To explore what is meant by a psychologically healthy workplace
- To understand the impact of work on health
- To explore and understand the importance of manager/leader behaviour for health at work
- To use the demands-resources model to understand and improve psychological health at work
- To plan and take action towards leading a healthy workforce
Zeal Solutions, NHS Employers
What will I learn?
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by psychological health
- Demonstrate an awareness of the impact of work on psychological health
- Discuss how to create a more psychologically healthy workplace
- Explain how supportive manager behaviour can influence health
- Explain how the demands and resources model can be used to create a psychologically healthy workplace
- Know how to apply the material presented in your job/ role
What will I need?
All relevant materials will be provided.